Friday, July 13, 2012

She Sells Seashells


I have been dreading today's theme since I read it on the list.  I'm not sure why, I love the beach and seashells...I even have a sea-inspired bathroom.  But for some reason this challenge stumped me; I guess that's why it's called a challenge!  At any rate, I sort of had an idea in my head about what I wanted to achieve with today's mani and I think it came across relatively well.  I started by trying to use the two colors in a gradient but it really didn't work well (due to the opacity?) so I ended up painting on two coats of Cult Nails Princess a gorgeous dusky blue shade with a copper shimmer and sponging OPI DS Classic on the tips to resemble (sparkly) sand.  While that was still tacky I used a toothpick to apply tiny pieces of shells that I got in a nail art kit from Sally's and sealed with a topcoat.


Be sure and check out the other girls blogs as well!



5 comments:

  1. I think it's very pretty! I also think it is funny that so many of us used the same name for our nails :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Great idea to use the seashell chips. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO GORGEOUS!!! :D I LOVE IT! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.