Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day!!

 For those of us in the us today is the day we celebrate our freedom and those who have made it possible for us.  Lots to celebrate!


A while back I entered the Independence Day roundup over at Nouveau Cheap and was lucky enough to be featured in the top 40 found here with this mani.  I was pleased with how they turned out despite the shaky freehand stripes. The pics for the roundup had to be submitted early though so this was actually from a couple of weeks ago so I decided to try something different for today's Summer Challenge mani.



My camera has been acting up a bit lately and I'm actually on the lookout for a new one.  The colors I used are the same for both mani's; Orly Grave Mistake, Zoya Purity, and China Glaze First Mate.  The red looks more orange in this one, part of that though is because I used it to stamp with.  At any rate, I first painted on the Purity with a coat of Seche; once dry, taped off the top and used Cheeky plate CH4 with First Mate to do the stars and another coat of SV, taped off the stars and used Grave Mistake with the same plate for the stripes.  I freehanded the stripe of silver with Revlon's Silver Dollar and finished with one last coat of SV.  No big plans for me for today, going to have lunch with a friend and dinner with the in-laws...should probably go to bed since it is now almost 4:30 am!!  



Be sure and use the links below to see what the others have come up with today and also note that I have added a tab at the top of the page with the other participant's blogs, some may not have figured out the Inlinkz! :)




2 comments:

  1. I really dig the second design... It has a very Olympic team uniform quality to it. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.