Monday, July 30, 2012

Trashcan Nails?!

Got your attention, didn't I?  This post is meant to make you think.  Think about what inspires you, where do ideas come from?  Years ago, starting out as a bead artist, I learned to see inspiration in everything.  The way the colors in a room work together, the pattern on a bold fabric, the colors in nature and the designs.  I have taken some of this with me in this newer addiction.  Colors are everywhere, in everything we see.  As a nurse, lots of the modern scrubs have very bold colors with sometimes funky designs (unfortunately for me, I am stuck wearing nothing but navy; how boring!).  Some may find inspiration on Pinterest or as part of a group you belong to or a variety of other avenues...maybe even a trashcan.  Yup, you read right; I said a trashcan.  My "polish room" is actually part of my lampwork studio (which has been grossly neglected lately), my craft room, and my office all rolled in to one.  It's my own space to create whatever I feel like creating that particular day and I love it.  The walls aren't finished, and the floor is concrete but for my needs, it is perfect.  Anyway, back to the trashcan.  I found it years ago at Target, it was $1 and I liked the colors, so I bought it.  It sits beside my desk, unused because for here it is too small; but tonight it was inspiration.  The colors and the pattern, I though would translate well into some funky nail art.  I will let you decide for yourselves what you think.


Trashcan Inspiration
I used a black cream base and for the colors I used China Glaze Aqua Baby, OPI Did it on 'Em, and L'Oreal Paparazzi Pleaser.  I freehanded the stripes using a striping brush and used a dotting tool for the dots.




I was quite pleased with how they turned out, though I think I like them best with a matte finish.  



8 comments:

  1. Those look cool!! I get inspiration from all over too. I was actually thinking trash can like the metal ones Oscar the grouch lives in. Haha. I was imagining grey w darker grey (or metallic) stripes. :) These are awesome and I think I like them best matte, too. I like anything matte tho. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm, Oscar the grouch....might have to add that to the list

      Delete
  2. Really cool mani!
    Its true, we get inspiration from everywhere. Sometimes its enough with a word, and association. There are no limits. I love your trashcan inspired manicure, you have a cool trash can thats for sure. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this came out awesome!! I love finding inspiration all over the place - sometimes the best ones come from where youd least expect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true! I certainly didn't expect to find inspiration in a trashcan!

      Delete
  4. Super cute, I love the color combo. Yay for $1 trashcans!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really liked this color combo too

      Delete
  5. These look really cool! I love that you used a trash can as inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.