Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Challenge: Kite Nails!

Today's theme for the Summer Challenge is ballooning/kite nails.  When I looked at the list tonight to see when the next challenge was and what the theme was, I almost didn't do it.  Now I'm kinda glad I did!  I wanted to use some polishes that I hadn't used yet so I started with a base of Color Club's Take Me To Your Chateau.  I must say I am very impressed with this polish!  For a pastel creme it is VERY easy to use! I think I could have actually gotten away with one coat but I used two for this mani.  I then freehand painted the kites using OPI If You Moust You Moust, then a black polish and nail art brush to do the outline and strings.  Then I went back with OPI I'm All Ears for the accent color on the kites.  I used a doting tool and Zoya Purity for the clouds and a silver polish for slight little outlines on the clouds.  This is one of my favorite challenge manis so far!  Don't forget to check the links below and see what the others came up with, and feel free to leave me some feedback and let me know what you think!








2 comments:

  1. I love this!!!! so cute!!! I'm happy you did this day of the challenge! I may have to copy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes feel free to copy! You should also join in the challenge and the Monkey See Monkey Do via the same facebook group! I haven't done the MSMD but may start soon. :)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.