Monday, October 1, 2012

Awareness

Today is October 1.  I am sure all of you know that and that you also know that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Breast cancer research is a cause that I feel very strongly about for many reasons.  As a nurse, I have had several patients in various stages of this horrific disease   On a personal level, it has touched many people in my life.  A very dear friend who has been a survivor for nearly ten years now, and more recently a friend who lost her battle at the age of 32 just last month.  For those reasons and for all the other women out there fighting, this blog will be as pink as possible for the month of October!  Every week there will be at least one pink post to help remind us to be alert, support each other, and if you are a woman "FEEL YOUR BOOBIES".  Self breast exams are one of the best and easiest ways to detect this horrible disease in its early stages.  Feel free to share your stories here in the comment section, or via my Facebook page or Twitter.

I am sorry I don't have a "new" image for today but here is a compilation of some of the other pink manis that have been featured in the past.


1 comment:

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.