Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mermaid Nails

I had good intentions for this post but for whatever reason my internet was jacked up last night (or very early this morning to be honest) and I just gave up and went to bed.  So this is actually Friday's post for the Summer Challenge.  I made notes on the print out I made of the challenges for ideas and this was one that I had some idea early on what I wanted to do.  My Zoya order came in the mail yesterday as well and was perfectly timed for this!  For this one I started out with two coats of OPI Mermaid's Tears (perfect name and color for this theme!).  On my ring finger I placed a mix of silver and blue glitter from Born Pretty Store while the polish was still tacky and topped it with my newly acquired Zoya Frida which also turned out to be perfect for this.  On the other nails I sponged Julep Portia on the tips in sort of a gradient and added a coat of Seche to help speed they drying process and make it smooth.  Once that was dry I stamped the "fishnet" pattern from the Bundle Monster BM-209 plate and China Glaze Adore and then a quick topcoat of NYC to finish everything off.




3 comments:

  1. So pretty! I just got some glitter from Born Pretty! I can't wait to try them, but I probably don't have the patience to do them on every finger haha! How long did it take you to do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the glitter? Probably only about 10-15 minutes if that long. I wasn't real precise with the pieces. ;)

      Delete

Thank you for reading and commenting on my blog! While I cherish each comment, I kindly ask that you refrain from posting links to your blog in the comment section. If you would like me to take a look at your blog, please feel free to send me an e-mail with your link. Unless I am feeling very generous, comments with links will be deleted. Thank you for understanding!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Julep Beauty Inc.